Letters. The building blocks of the English language. When used properly, it serves as an effective form of communication. Today I shall skim over the 6 letters that will more or less define my personal history. Together the phrase "If A Picture Paints A Thousand Words...", the 6 Holy letters should be quite obvious. Courtesy of Chin Leng who thought of the idea and a little help from Fifa 08 on the Xbox 360! Oh and if you are wondering, we qualified for the cup already! P 3, W 2, D 1, L 0, F 4, A 0!However what is most important is the events themselves that inevitably lead to the 6 letters that define history. Finally I'm clearing leave. I admit the feeling of freedom has never tasted so succulent before. After a rather torrid 1 year 10 months, I'm never going to take my freedom for granted ever! It's such a joy to (literally) breathe the fresh air again. On the 15th, I met Cl @ TM to give our particulars to some recruitment agency. It's better to start early so as to get a job by the time our current organisation "fires" us (we're more than glad to leave!)...
The next day I got my hands on Fifa 08! I guess I'll be busy during the short break! In the afternoon, Cl and me went to some nearby schs to leave our particulars in case of any vacancies for next year, during which he garnered 3 awards- The Reckless Driving Award (RDA), Front Parking Proficiency Award (FPPA) and the Road Shoulder Award (RAA)!!! Following this was a meaningful time spent trying the qualify for the above cup, which we were successful, thanks to some woeful defending by the AI, despite our novice playing...
On the 17th, I met Wl for swimming. It's been a long time since I last swam real hard! I realised how lousy I was when I ran out of gas after half a lap both on Butterfly and Freestyle... I had to tow myself to finish the lap using breast stroke... Hiaz how unprofessional of me... The upside is at least I got those leg muscles really working after some laps on both styles, not to mention a nice tan too:)
And finally on today's special day, I met Wl again at Kovan cos he wanted to give me a treat! We ate at some HK restaurant and the chicken curry was heavenly! I was practically drinking the curry man... The french toast was hot and filling and the cheese baked rice with beef trashed all the baked rice everywhere flat down... Oh the cheese is so damn good and the beef well flavoured with black pepper. Too bad we were too full to finish the dessert... A mix of strawberry, mango and red beam ice kachang with a scoop of ice cream! Oh did I mention the milk tea? Sweet and cool. Just the way I like it! A big thank you to Wl for bringing me to makan places that are an eye opener! And to those who remembered, a big thank you for making this day so special! I'm really touched by all the SMSes...
(Added on 19th Oct- Chin Leng has graciously added his side of the story which is strikingly similar in nature to mine. In fact, his blog has a longer story on how he courageously garnered 3 awards from a strict examiner like me! Really reminds me of me! But seriously, besides our common mindset towards the 6 Holy letters, the other thing I totally agree with him is "We're Drivers Too"!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment